- In short Algolia is search engine SaaS software as a service
- Tables and records in the database
- There is a search bar which lets you test out the Algolia service right away. And it is easy.
- The search results will be highlighted (yay no code)
- They have indices important attributes
- To display an image, include an url to image, hosted for example on google cloud
- Note you must upload your data to Algolia for this to work
- In the term of use it seems Algolia have a non-compete clause which theoretically prevents them from making a clone of your app
- I have not found a way to white label it
- The price is reasonable, based on requests.
- It is super easy to use, build a demo site, share it with users! But it has Algolia label everywhere. You will be doing free ad for them.
- Remember don't put sensitive data here. Especially not HIPAA sensitive stuff. You will have to upload your data to Algolia for the search to work.
- You can upload your data using a JSON file or using the dashboard. One is fast one is easy to use. Remember to use a JSONLint to check for mistakes.
- Will save you time if you use a lint.
- Remember your data is not private to any online JSON lint you use.
- Pricing : hacker plan available, free for certain quotas. Great for testing, hackathon.
- Example UI is available, again not white labeled.
- Example codes are available. Again the logo appears in the input box :(
- Easy configuration.
- You can get to search in minutes! That's easy. That's a true SaaS
- You can easily configure auto-completion.
- The search is typo resistant. But when the database is small, auto completion and typo handling didn't work for me.
Friday, September 18, 2020
Algolia Search API Basics Tutorial
I write full time now for email@example.com write me to say hi, request content or be notified of new tutorials like this. Unqitech writes about all the cool technologies.
Did you know that being a developer you are at an unique position to help the society? There are many public service opportunities to contr...
Can hack schools solve Silicon Valley's talent crunch? The truth about coding bootcamps and the students left behind http://t.co/xXNfqN...
The bogus request from P2PU to hunt for HTML tags in real life has yielded a lot of good thoughts. My first impression was that this is stup...
This review is updated continuously throughout the program. Yay I just joined the Udacity Nanodegree for Digital Marketing! I am such an Uda...