reposting from the internet
Friday, January 28, 2022
Here's what you need to know about OpenSea NFTs as a developers. Before we start, be sure to read our disclaimer and warnings. Remember these contents are for informational purpose only.
The Rise of OpenSea
Why should you care? Recently OpenSea has had stellar performance, gained steam and attracted amazing investments.
NFTs can have traits
This is an example of Blocky Doge, doge themed NFT by supposedly dogecoin creator. These traits are stored permanently as a part of the metadata of the token on chain.
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- 4 Essential Tips for Building Your First Shopify Theme by Tiffany Tse Front End Development
- [Video Series] Project Management Challenges: Announcing the Latest Partner Academy Course
- Shopify App CLI tool, command line app to quickly create shopify apps using Ruby or Node.js. It connects with the shopify partner account and provides authentication. Can generate boilerplate code, speed up app dev
- Shopify themes landing page
- Shopify buy button : enable ecommerce every where.
Monday, January 24, 2022
If your stripe webhook contains errors, Stripe will email you and inform you that requests to this end point has failed. In this case, we got a "Webhook Error: Invalid Secret".
To fix this bug you will need to navigate back to the stripe extension configuration page in firebase console.
To get this value you will need to grab it from stripe dashboard, webhook secret, it usually begins with
Navigate to Stripe dashboard > select Developer from top nav > select webhook from left nav, then select the webhook you created, and select reveal secret in the webhook's menu.
Signing secret begins with whsec.
You will need to add this secret to firebase for firebase to successfully communicate with your stripe webhook.
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Examples of algorithms gone bad, gone wrong, unethical. Lessons to learn and what NOT to do when designing an algorithm.
Apple's "sexist" credit card. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50365609
Stanford researchers' horrid gaydar paper https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/science/stanford-sexual-orientation-study.html
Saturday, January 22, 2022
Warning Please be sure to read our Disclaimer before reading this post or any post on our blog, youtube, proprietary website. https://www.siliconvanity.com/2021/11/blockchain-crypto-stock-personal.html
- Bollinger Bands
- Breakout: Any breakout patterns?
- Fees can really affect your takehome profit in crypto. Check out coinbase's fee schedule here
- Note the fee is different for makers and takers.
- Relative strength index RSI
- Short interest
- Roblox example https://m.benzinga.com/article/25137770
- Other non technical, qualitative components: Crypto.com new listing, coinbase new listing
- 50 day moving average. e.g. a lot of cryptos are correlated with bitcoin 50 day moving average. 50 day moving average below 100 day moving average, some may consider it a bearish sign.
- WhaleStats: show movements of big ETH whales. What kind of tokens they are buying and trading.
Friday, January 21, 2022
Developer advocate of Polygon Xiangan He talks about Polygon development.
The ecosystem of polygon is huge.
Polygon value propositions and offerings (official website retrieved Jan 2022)
Polygon offerings (official website)
Easy for developers to change ethereum apps to use polygon.
[NEWS] Farming game causes rise in demand of Polygon network, increases fees.
"The rising demand is impacting the usability of the Polygon network. Gas fees have increased dramatically this week, with PolygonScan showing an average gas fee of nearly 764 Gwei on January 5. That's a dramatic increase over the average rate, which fell between 72 and 115 Gwei daily during the last week of December. In U.S. dollars, it means that a Polygon transaction fee has jumped from what's often a penny or less to as much as $0.50, depending on the complexity of the transaction. That's still a fraction of the price of an Ethereum mainnet transaction, but for games and other applications that utilize a lot of transactions, the fees can start to pile up for users. " - decrypt.co
|Polygon architecture layers|
As developers you will need to own a bit of $MATIC polygon token for bridge, transaction fees etc, example to deploy smart contract to the mainnet.
Monday, January 17, 2022
Crypto is very risky. Do you own research. Even news cannot predict the result of volatile assets. Please read our disclaimer before reading our blog. There is no financial advice on this blog. We are not qualified. Mentioning a token, NFT, blockchain is not endorsement.
In U.S. creator economy boom, big tech battles for online talent (creator economics, monetization)
Why is dogecoin going down? Dogecoin Tesla effect erased?
Whale activity after Tesla + Dogecoin announcement https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2021/12/dogecoin-whale-transactions-jump-148-after-tesla-announced-doge-payments-for-merch/ (Caution Need verification, whale activities are hard to analyze)
Dogecoin Whale Activity Goes Up 148 Percent After Tesla's DOGE Announcemen https://gadgets.ndtv.com/cryptocurrency/news/dogecoin-whale-activity-increase-148-percent-tesla-doge-announcement-nft-2654601 (Caution Need verification, whale activities are hard to analyze)
Dogecoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Now Accepted by Gaming Giant Nexon
Tesla safety data and Elon Musk's reaction https://www.benzinga.com/news/22/01/25069079/how-safe-are-tesla-vehicles-elon-musk-reacts-to-new-data
Metaverse, gaming, NFT:
SandBox: Another land sale at Sandbox Jan 13, 2022 https://youtu.be/hhaj31Huc1s Alpha Season 2 Game Jam https://alphagamejam.sandbox.game/
Grand Theft Auto x Zynga Farmville + NFT
Crypto influencer will be fined in Spain https://decrypt.co/90545/crypto-influencers-face-300k-fines-spains-advertising-crackdown
Crypto hit 6 month low
Is bitcoin the new gold?
Robinhood had ~425 million loss.
Youtube gaming head leaves for Polygon
Robinhood testing wallets
Shib and Dogecoin understands community
Google entering crypto space https://decrypt.co/91869/google-alphabet-blockchain-web3-ceo-sundar-pichai
"Arbitrum, the Ethereum (ETH) layer-two network, has had its second outage in less than five months due to a hardware problem. According to reports, the network was down for around seven hours. The network was having sequencing difficulties that prohibited transactions from being executed." Cointelegraph
Sunday, January 16, 2022
- Do analytics on large dataset (Big Data), fast
- Use SQL syntax to query datasets
- Machine Learning with BigQuery BQML
- Use SQL to run machine learning algorithms
- How to save costs in BigQuery
- AutoML with BigQuery
- Google Cloud for Research
- BigQuery can access datasets
- Reddit available, Hacker News
- Google Cloud key management
Friday, January 14, 2022
Pytorch community is growing. presented on developer day.
Thursday, January 13, 2022
web3 programming front end basics, how to check crypto payment setup using chrome inspector. How to use chrome developer tool to check Tesla may be building front end support for crypto, metamask, dogecoin Crypto is risky, do your own research, not financial advice, not endorsement, mentioning a technology does not mean anything. Informational purpose only.
Check out more uniqtech guide on uniqtech website https://ml.learn-to-code.co
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Facebook to invest in VR creators
- How much does onlyfan influencers make? How onlyFan creators monetize
- "Lewis himself runs a Twitter account with 139k followers — mostly male OnlyFans subscribers — and charges $20 to share a post linking to a creator’s account. He says he is currently selling ~400 posts per month." - The Hustle
- “Rothfield compiled 250 pages of all the questions she received and turned them into a free marketing ebook directed at s** workers.”
- Blockchain and web3 is about users monetizing their own content. Blockchains are the ultimate creator platform.
- Food creators are flourishing on pinterest including tastemade
- Before the pandemic youtube used to offer virtual creator bootcamp and in-person workshops for creators with 10K or more subscribers
- Fortnite allows you to add a creator to support in its in-game store
- Which creators should people be looking at?
- Oculus and SparkAR (both Facebook META) have creator programmers
- Sandbox offers gaming NFTs, allows creators to monetize NFTs
- In the news
- In U.S. creator economy boom, big tech battles for online talent (creator economics, monetization)
- Logan (youtuber)'s boxing matches are one of the most profitable live sports events ever
We love crypto. We are not quite FUD but that being said, there are some concerning incidents in crypto that you should be aware of. Big hacks, cheats, investors, NFT purchase losing money, rug pull, even seizing of equipment! Let's reveal some costly mistakes in crypto.
- Crypto being over leveraged, forced liquidation
- WSJ Behind Bitcoin's Recent Slide: Imploding Bets and Forced Liquidations. Dramatic crash underscores fragility of cryptocurrency's recent gains and vulnerability of individual investors
- Crypto.com https://decrypt.co/90590/crypto-com-suffers-hack-at-least-15m-ethereum
- Bitcoin mining machines seized
- DeFi loss
- Squid game coin rug pull
- Polygon genesis contract nearly falls victim to a major hack. Thank goodness the severe loss if prevented by a white hat hacker
- 'Critical' Polygon bug put $24 billion in tokens at risk until recent hard fork
- Hong Kong NFT project Monkey Kingdom loses $1.3M in phishing hack, launches compensation fund
- Discord hacking can be the nightmare of every blockchain project and dapps
- Security of NFTs, discord and blockchain
- A user has received a significant discount, resulting in 1697 OHM instead of 59 OHM after bonding an OHM/DAI bond that was supposed to be closed off. "OlympusDAO is an experimental project in the cryptosphere. The DAO manages a token treasury that's used to back the OHM currency. The purpose of the treasury is to make sure the token maintains a certain floor price. If the token drops below that price, the assets in the treasury can be sold to buy back OHM tokens — with the goal to bring its price back above that mark."
- "The DAO uses a process for helping the token to stay above that mark called Bonding. The DAO buys assets from investors (to go into the treasury) and issues OHM tokens to replace them. These bonds usually get a 5-10% discount and the tokens are handing out after a vesting period, which is currently set to five days."
- Some already call the DAO a ponzi scheme like pool even before this incident
- OpenSea froze Bored Ape transactions https://cointelegraph.com/news/opensea-freezes-2-2m-of-stolen-bored-apes
- "QiDAO acknowledged the exploit via Twitter; however, the team stressed that the vesting contract was exploited through a vulnerability in Superfluid, a smart contracts framework on Ethereum that enables users to transfer assets on-chain, rather than QiDAO itself." https://decrypt.co/92375/vesting-contract-polygon-defi-protocol-qidao-exploited-13-million
- Decrypt “Ronin, the sidechain for NFT "play-to-earn" game Axie Infinity, has been hit with an exploit that drained $552 million in crypto from its bridge to Ethereum's mainnet. By the time the exploit was disclosed, the value of the crypto lost had increased to $622 million.“
- Solana wormhole hack & why u should
- Hackathons can be great recruiting events. Submit your resume. Get the contact info of the recruiter.
- Get exclusive previews to alpha beta releases, become a beta tester
- Get hands-on free training through workshops
- Hackathon participation is highly encouraged!
- Watch out for exposing IP, code, and accidentally giving up licensure. See image below. Here's an example excerpt of license of the submitted project .
Saturday, January 8, 2022
Oxford flower 102 example
Data is already split into train and validation folder. For an additional 3rd dataset, we will need to make the decision to split from train or valid, depends on the prevalence of data, per class.
Within the folders, there are 102 folders, corresponding to the 102 classes of flowers. Some folders have more data, some classes/folders have fewer. The folder name is the numeric value of the flower class.
This is an example what the flower image data look like.
Most modern deep learning libraries have the capability to load and organize image data from folders, named with the correct conventions.
Thursday, January 6, 2022
Every one is doing NFT. Here are the great NFT examples in every industry. Be sure to check our disclaimer. Do you own research. Blockchain and crypto has a lot of money volume, and are often targeted by hackers. While these projects have great
ideas, chances are, they have not all been fully secured. Crypto, blockchain and NFT are extremely risky, and new. Be aware!
Be sure to read our disclaimer before reading this post. NFT and crypto are risky. We own both, and often our NFTs have trouble being re-sold. And the floor price keeps dropping.
- Kevan Durant https://decrypt.co/88380/kevin-durant-coinbase-ink-new-promotional-deal
- Dallas Mavericks: https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptocurrency/22/01/24910574/dallas-mavericks-new-nfts-to-honor-dirk-nowitzki-retirement-night-how-you-can-get-free-nft
Celebrities and NFT tokens
- "Rapper Eminem has purchased a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) non-fungible token (NFT) for 123.45 ETH, or roughly $462,000." "Rapper Eminem has purchased a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) non-fungible token (NFT) for 123.45 ETH, or roughly $462,000." "Eminem instantly adopted the NFT as his Twitter profile photo, portraying an ape with a brown military-style cap, hip hop attire, and a dazed look."
- Jordan Solana https://decrypt.co/88393/michael-jordan-jumps-into-web3-solana-app-athletes-nfts-tokens
- Celebrity and brand NFTs and colab https://cointelegraph.com/news/nifty-news-fluf-world-and-snoop-dogg-fundraise-adidas-and-prada-nfts-wax-gifts-10m-nfts
Square Enix game NFT https://decrypt.co/89604/square-enix-president-reiterates-focus-blockchain-games-play-to-contribute-trend
English football soccer https://decrypt.co/88579/crypto-coming-english-football-gary-vee-nfts-coming
Music NFT :
- Mike Shinoda, Tezos. ZIGGURAT https://genius.com/albums/Mike-shinoda/Ziggurats
- Song a Day https://opensea.io/collection/song-a-day
NFT giveaway example:
Other markets are trying to take a bite of OpenSea's lion's share
Their attempts such as airdrops is eroding the empire.
Selfie NFT: the most shocking and unexpected NFT comes from GG in Indonesia
"Ghozali Ghozalu of Indonesia has become an instant star in the non-fungible token (NFT) space after selling photographs of himself on OpenSea. He published his selfies shot every day from the age of 18 to 22 for 0.001 ETH ($3.25) each, and they sold out in a matter of days. Ghozali Everyday's collection is now worth about $1.4 million, a significant increase from the $3,000 the Indonesian made in the initial sale."
Poap related but not the same concept. Event attendance badge. https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/what-is-poap-and-how-to-claim-it
Use NFT, ENS .eth name for Fundraising. It's easy for donors (who understand crypto) to figure out the address. It's also transparent to track and re-distribute to additional charities. Cuts off the middle man fees and potential issues.
There are also NFTs that can change traits, they are changeable, they can grow, they can have names added later etc. Novatar for example (just an example, not endorsement, we don't know much about this NFT)
Non fundgable token great to tracking original limited edition art. Track provenance of a product
Cool NFTs on the opensea platform:
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) https://opensea.io/collection/boredapeyachtclub
- Cryptoadz (Comment: not exactly cool, but definitely popular by volume) https://opensea.io/collection/cryptoadz-by-gremplin
- Coolcats NFT https://opensea.io/collection/cool-cats-nft
- Exosphere NFT very cool https://opensea.io/collection/exospheres
- Gutter pigeons https://opensea.io/collection/gutterpigeons
- Into the Metaverse (ITM) NFT https://www.adidas.com/into_the_metaverse
- Adidas originals twitter https://twitter.com/adidasoriginals
- In the news https://www.voguebusiness.com/technology/adidas-reveals-new-nft-project-with-bored-ape-yacht-club
Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Pytorch community statistics November 2021. Is Pytorch still worth learning? The statistics seem to say so. 70% of NeurIPS 19 framework papers cites Pytorch usage. Learn more about the pytorch eco system, contributors, core developers, users, forums, and github downstream projects, citation in academic papers and conferences.
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Here are some economic indicators that I have heard of, might give signals for various stock investment. Note this blog does not contain any investment advice. I am not a professional advisor. I just like to read about economics and stock market. Please don't take any advice you read here. Do your own research.
Airline : S&P 500 Airline Index
Bitcoin ETF: ProShares Bitcoin Strategy fund (BITO)
Federal (USA) : one-year loan prime rate (LPR)
Gas price (crypto), gas price (petro)
Historic data: Yahoo has historic data for stock tickers, as well as some popular cryptos : bitcoin, ETH
Housing affordability index
Inflation: Consumer Price Index (CPI, monthly) by Bureau of Labor Statistics
U.S. Inflation Hit a 39-Year High in November
Consumer prices rose 0.8% in the month and 6.8% from a year ago
iShares Russell 2000 ETF (IWM)
Nasdaq 100 ETF QQQ
To learn more about indicators, check out NPR Planet Money podcast December 2021 Family Feud who is indicator of the year. The Indicator from Planet Money Dec 2021
S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY)
Individual stocks, qualitative analysis metrics: P/E ratio
Short interest: what is short interest, how to short? Where to see shorting data.
real estate long term growth rate for housing price in e.g. San Francisco
Pending house sale
Inflation Rate YoY USA
GDP Growth Rate YoY
Michigan Consumer Sentiment USA
"A bear market occurs when a market experiences prolonged price declines. Traditionally, it can be described as when the price of securities falls 20% or more from their recent highs." Crypto.com
React UI MATERIAL Install yarn add @material-ui/icons Reactstrap FORMS. Controlled Forms. Uncontrolled Forms. Columns, grid
This review is updated continuously throughout the program. Yay I just joined the Udacity Nanodegree for Digital Marketing! I am such an Uda...
All you need to know about Snap IPO. Tech startup news explained for Youtubers in minutes.
This is the photo collection, Youtube video construction in progress. Fisherman's Wharf Lure