- Meet famous founders, tech investors and journalists such as Mark Zuckerberg, Dave McClure and Ron Conway. Kungfu hustle for your budding tech product in after party open bar
- Take fabulous runway pictures at this tech oscars on the green carpet
- Get advice and mentorship from fellow founders, YCombinator 500 Startup alumni and tech workers
- Find inspiration and actionables for your startup
- Trend spotting and policy crunching.
- Indulge in the sparkles and glamours of tech giants like Kevin of Instagram, Pinterest, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, and famous investors like Ron Conway. It’s hard to resist a selfie even if it is mildly impressing.
- Take a selfie. Take lots of selfies.
- Chuckle at occasional tech nerd humor squeezed into the ceremony by guest artists, hosts, comedians and even opera singers. Past guest artists include the Daily Show actors.
- Drink and hustle. There is a bar with flowing champagnes and cocktails that can give you a boost and bring out your networking inner extrovert. Prep dinero, it ain’t no free ride.
- This year’s nominee’s include SpaceX and Pokemon GO! Expect to see Elon Musk and the Niantic studio in the crowd?
- Network with reporters from VentureBeat, Mashable, TechCrunch … for your baby startup?
What is the Crunchies award ceremony?
In short it is the oscars for the tech community where all the startup and tech giants and inner circles meet. Like HBO’s Silicon Valley show? You will likely really enjoy this award ceremony. But if you are not huslting in tech, this event may be nothing more than a selfie opportunity.