- Practice running python from within a Jupyter Notebook (FKA IPython Notebook).
- Become familiar with importing useful modules and packages, e.g. pandas, numpy, matplotlib.pyplot.
- Learn about the pandas data structures, including the Series and DataFrame objects.
- Create a DataFrame object from data in a comma-separated variable (csv) file using pandas.read_csv
- Index and select data from Series and DataFrame objects using loc and iloc
- Compute descriptive statistics on a Series or DataFrame, including the mean, the median, and the min & max
- Explore a public data set found on Kaggle
- Conduct some exploratory data analysis, and visualize trends in data using matplotlib
Pre Lesson Activities
- Student Handbook
- Class schedule and holidays
- It's an aggressive schedule
- Github repo
Lesson 1 in-person activity
- Meet classmates
- Meet and greet
- First lunch is provided. No free lunches in future sessions
Post a Comment