- Interesting business approach to understand and apply data science
- Use verbose texts when explaining simple concepts
- Introduce advanced concepts like Information Gain and Entropy early in the book pg51. Less accessible for beginners. Good for people preparing for interviews and people who already got an introduction to machine learning
- Writes the full formula out, avoid using sigma notation to make it more accessible for business readers
- Useful graph of entropy pg 52
- Helpful graphical illustration pg54-pg55 two trees with different information gain
- The learning curve is not a slowly ascending one. The topics jump around in this book
- Variance measures impurity pg56
Friday, January 13, 2017
Data Science for Business by Provost Fawcett data science book review
Working on graduate study work? MATLAB now offers a free eBook on Machine Learning. Great resource for those in the academia. https://www....
What is a domain name system (DNS)? How stuff works explains it in a very good graph I was very confused by the Wikipedia explanatio...
The bogus request from P2PU to hunt for HTML tags in real life has yielded a lot of good thoughts. My first impression was that this is stup...
Dilys Sun Got a question about web development dev bootcamps? Ask them here or @i_stanford Your question shall be answered by myself, othe...