- Interesting business approach to understand and apply data science
- Use verbose texts when explaining simple concepts
- Introduce advanced concepts like Information Gain and Entropy early in the book pg51. Less accessible for beginners. Good for people preparing for interviews and people who already got an introduction to machine learning
- Writes the full formula out, avoid using sigma notation to make it more accessible for business readers
- Useful graph of entropy pg 52
- Helpful graphical illustration pg54-pg55 two trees with different information gain
- The learning curve is not a slowly ascending one. The topics jump around in this book
- Variance measures impurity pg56
Friday, January 13, 2017
Data Science for Business by Provost Fawcett data science book review
Data validation creating data from URL When do you need data from URL? Maps, getting shapes for maps
In this downtown startup work space design the designers used fat boy bean bags and an extra wide step tiered staircase to create work space...
Google's algorithm has pushed websites to deploy mobile friendly websites, but sometimes business owners and developers really need to a...
This review is updated continuously throughout the program. Yay I just joined the Udacity Nanodegree for Digital Marketing! I am such an Uda...