- Indicate on Linkedin that you are an available candidate, a service offered by their premium plan
- Consider having a portfolio, works and arts to show rather than just a resume
- Previous startup experience is a huge plus. Startup founders and teams look for like minded people who can hustle and deal with the startup crunch
- Check the job board for alumni offered by your university.
- Google and read information about the company on the internet. Any info on the internet is fair game in the interview process.
- Prepare for phone screening interviews with recruiters. Sometimes these calls are scheduled quickly after resume submission when a position needs to be fulfilled.
- Be ready for coding and technical interviews over the phone. Silicon Valley is tech savy even recruiters known how to ask a technical question or two.
- Brush up on software and web based technical skills. Silicon valley is very software heavy except for Apple and a few other places.
- If you are applying for an data analyst job, be prepared to be interviewed like a junior data scientist. Even the business roles can be technical in nature.
- Use new job sites such as White Truffle, Hired, Muse ... in addition to traditional sites like Linkedin, job boards etc.
- Take an advanced online course to brush up your skills or learn cutting edge technology such as self driving car on Udacity.
- Research the technical stack used by the startup
Sunday, January 29, 2017
12 Silicon Valley Tech Startup Job Search Tips
React UI MATERIAL Install yarn add @material-ui/icons Reactstrap FORMS. Controlled Forms. Uncontrolled Forms. Columns, grid
This review is updated continuously throughout the program. Yay I just joined the Udacity Nanodegree for Digital Marketing! I am such an Uda...
All you need to know about Snap IPO. Tech startup news explained for Youtubers in minutes.
Codecademy AngularJS tutorial solution Part 3 Workflow .1 Adding a new product to $scope $scope helps the controller passes data to t...