Common viewsTextView, ImageView, ButtonView
Nested View Groups
Best practice using Android Views
- The view that contains all the views is the root view.
- Can organize material design cards into view groups, the button, icon and image inside the card are all nested views.
- The linearlayout horizontal and vertical orientations are extremely important.
- If the elements are not horizontally or vertically spread out, relative layout may be better.
- Draw a view hierarchy diagram to organize views
- Indent children views
- Set layout_width, layout_height dynamically using match_parent or wrap_content